I'm looking to trade or sell my 1985 Shamrock 17' center console. I've only owned the boat since April. I sort of rushed into it, and I'm only selling to get something 19-23. Just need some more room for people.
- PCM 4140, 4 cyl., 140 hp (2.6L Mitsubishi block)
- compression check from April when I bought it was 180-175-168-161 at operating temp
- Fresh water cooled, and has a fresh water flush hookup
- clock reads ~212 hours, but given the age I can't certify the accuracy
- 1:1 Velvet Drive 10-17-004 Transmission
- New cutless bearing
- New stuffing box packing
- New stuffing box hose is on order and will be installed when it arrives
- New rudder packing
- Prop just refinished (10x9 cupped 3 blade NiBral)
- nav/anchor lights, bilge pump, blower all work
- All teak was varnished by the P.O.
For the bad news, it was running ~5 mph slower than it should be. I had the prop refinished, ran it last weekend, and it wouldn't get up on plane (only up to about 12-13 mph), but it wasn't having problems turning enough rpms. I will be continuing to work on the boat until it's traded/sold so things on my list to do are shaft alignment and new gauges. May have to work on the prop again.
Comes with the original EZ Loader trailer. It needs major work, and would probably be better off to just buy a new/used trailer for the boat.
I'm PRICE DROP $4000. Worst I can say is no thanks. Clean NC title and registration through 2015 on the boat. I have paperwork for the trailer, but I planned on replacing it so I haven't titled or registered it in NC.Open to trade for something of similar value in the 19-23 ft range. I'm interested in a old Seacraft, Mako, Shamrock, Grady, etc. Let me know what you have. Leaning towards another CC but I haven't ruled out a walkaround or cuddy.
I'm willing to go a long way to pick up the right boat.
Contact info: PM me here or email me at abajoczky at gmail.com
The teak taft rail in this picture is not on the boat, not included, and not availble
The fixed planes in this video are not on the boat and do not come with the boat.