16ft. Starcraft Dual Console Aluminum V-Hull
This boat has been kept covered it's entire life. It is the best riding 16ft. aluminum boat I've ever been in due to its true V-hull (not just V on the front, flat in the back like most small aluminum boats).
The motor is a 90hp Mariner (Merc) and has performed flawlessly. The only thing I ever had to fix on the motor itself was a bad stator the year that I got the boat because it was blowing fuses at high RPMs. Since that repair the motor has been completely reliable and trouble-free. It starts on the first crank and does not smoke. Motor is flushed after every use, and is only run on ethanol-free fuel for the last few years.
Since this is a light boat, the 90hp really moves it and it sips gas. For those of you familiar with South Louisiana, I have run from Lafitte to Grand Isle, fished all my Grand Isle spots, then ran back to Lafitte on 12 gallons. Also easy to trailer & doesn't ruin the MPG of your truck.
Improvements made on the boat since we got it (2005):
- Trolling Motor (2006)
- Stainless Cleats on Bow (2006)
- Complete No-feedback Steering System (new cables, helm, etc.)(2012)
- New 12 Gallon Fuel Tank (2010)
- New Fuel Lines & Primer (2012)
- New Tires & Galvanized Rims (2011)
- LED Trailer Lights (2008)
- New Helm Seat Post (2011)
- New Power Tilt & Trim (2010)
- Bimini Top
- Humminbird Fish Finder
- Huge built-in Livewell w/ Pump
- Large Storage Hatch on Bow
- Large Storage Hatch in Cockpit
- Two Lockable Glove Boxes
- Stainless Prop in Great Shape
The carpet is in great shape considering its age, but there is one bad spot where we always kept the ice chest and it rubbed the carpet there until it started coming up. That small spot could be easily patched, or you could just put your ice chest there. The bad spot can be seen in one of the pictures so there are no surprises.
Asking $4,500. Boat is located in Harahan, LA