Putting the boat up for sale to see if I get any bites. Not a fire sale but thought I would list it this last eek that I?m in town and can show it. I took a job working overseas and will be gone for a few months so I don?t want to see her sit. I leave next sunday so after I am gone price will go up b/c she will be listed with a broker.
Here's a chance to get into the sportfish arena and have the big boat feel without all the big boat costs.
and? the details?
1989 29 ft strike sportfish with twin cummins diesels. Built with a solid fiberglass hull and tunnels she only drafts 30 inches and with the 23* deadrise she will not pound. I?ve run this boat to the islands many times in a lot of different weather and she always gets us there safe and without back injuries. lol! I bought her to use as a part time 6 pack charter boat and have her set up for that but I mainly used her to take my family to the islands since chartering has been slow the last few years. She has probably run 30 charters in the last 2 years if I had to throw out a number but no more than that b/c it is not a full time thing for me. Is the boat wet??? Yes she is when it kicks up a to 3-5 head sea because she eats up the sea and doesn?t skip over it like a stone. Just put the tabs down, set the throttles at 2000 rpms and let her eat while you sip your coffee at 18-20kts. With the 7 piece strata glass enclosure I stay dry and happy. In a following sea she is dry as a bone and climbs over the backs of the waves without missing a beat.
1 NO BROKERS
2 RUNNING GEAR
-1989 Cummins 6BT turbo diesels 210hp @ 2600 rpms just over 2800 hrs on both and upgraded as needed and run great. (List of upgrades available upon request as well as the receipts I still have) She fires on the first turn of the key no matter what. Always has.
- 5? exhaust with surge tubes. Turbos are 15? above the waterline.
- 1.54:1 Twin Disc MG 502 gears with new coolers in Jan 2013.
- New 316 stainless struts (my brother is a welder so I had him make them up for me) bonus!
- Aquamet 22 shafts 1 1/4 inch (1 New in May2014) Other was checked at FJ?s shop and was said to be good to go.
- New 18x22 bronze wheels.
- 2 new split couplers
- Tides Dripless shaft seals
- Both Hynautic H50 helms rebuilt and and seal kit for steering cylinder.
- 3 fuel tanks total 180 gallons. 2 45 gal saddle and 1 90 gal center tank. Engines pull off the center tank. Almost all useable fuel.
- Bennet Trim Tabs
- All new engine mounts and alignment May 2014.
3 2013 partial REFIT and Misc info
- awl grip topside paint and nonskid
- custom console and 45 gallon insulated transom live well.
- haul out and soda blast with petit trinidad SR bottom paint along with the running gear upgrades.
- new cushions in the tower and bolsters as well as a new weblon top by Bluewater Canvas.
- strataglass enclosure from City Canvas in early 2013
- Tesilmare HD rubrail (Sept 2013)
- Electric Raritan Head
- 4 30* 316 stainless Mate series rod holder/drink holders
- 2 HD Lees 15* swivel rod holders
- 2 Lees Medium 30* rod holders on the transom.
- Lee?s 16 ft 1.75? outriggers with Rupp Tournament Lift out Bases (Also have a set of Rupp 21 ft single spreaders)
- Riggers and bonnet on tower drop down and she has a height of 13 ft 7 inches to clear most low bridges.
- Garmin 5212 w/ GSD 24 and shoot thru hull xducer (Airmar r199 2KW xducer)
- Autohelm autopilot setup very basic but NMEA 0183 compatible. I just need it to take me in a straight line to the islands and it does that well.
- aqualarm engine alarms with exhaust temp, oil press, engine temp. I just purchased them and will be replacing the original alarms with the newer aqualarm panel which I think is superior.
-Cummins gauges in lower station, Engine Oil Press, Gear oil Press, Engine temp, Voltage, Tach, fuel sender, and aqualarm panel.
-Limited gauges in upper station Engine Oil Press, Engine temp, Tach
-Brand new 40 amp batt charger. (April 2014)
- 2 8D Deka Batts (May 2012)
- Brand new wash down pumps fresh and salt last week. (April 2014)
- 1 30 amp Hubbell deep drop/kite plug w/ blue seas breaker.
- Maxwell windlass w/ 350 ft of 1/2? 8 plait rode and aluminum fortress FX17 anchor all new in 2013.
-USCG 2 NM Navigation lights and anchor light (all LED)
- 4 LED spreaders
- 4 bilge pumps. 3 with float switches.
Performance numbers and Fuel burn numbers cuz they are awesome!!!
Boat averages 8-12 gph from 16-22kts. This has been calculated during many trips across the gulf stream with many different loaded conditions and the boat has always averaged around 2 nautical miles per gallon at cruise.
600 rpms 4.5-5 kts both motors 1 motor in gear is about 1.5-2 kts sustained.
1500 rpms 12.5-13 kts and on plane with the tabs down. 6-6.5 gph total (almost 2.5mpg)
2000 rpms 18.5-19.5 kts burns about 11-12 gph total. (Just over 2mpg)
2200 rpms 21-22 kts bruns about 14 gph total
2600 rpms 27-28 kts about 22 gph with full fuel. I've seen 30 kts light with enclosure off.
Engines will reach 2750 so they are propped well under what is acceptable by Cummins Techs.
Performance and fuel numbers may vary depending on the person on the helm of course but they won?t vary a whole lot.
The worst mileage I?ve seen with this boat was a hand calculated 1.6 mpg when we took her to the abacos last year. She had 400 gallons of fuel onboard with my extra bladder and we were towing a 14ft RHIB zodiac behind us. Loaded down with entirely too much gear she cruised at 16kts at 2000 rpms and loafed doing it even with all that extra weight onboard. That was before the bottom was soda blasted as well although I did use a smaller pair of 18x20 4 blade wheels for that trip due to the added weight.
Here is a list of the things that I think is worth mentioning and could be possible downsides.
The interior is original and I haven't had time to update it yet which isn?t a huge deal but it?s worth mentioning.
Most of the wiring is original and while everything is working I'd like to re wire the boat to clean it up and make it easier to service as needed. It is wired like a much larger boat and has the hookups for an easy add on generator or fridge. I just never needed those things so never had a reason to spend the extra dough getting em set up.
The tower is original and the aluminum has 20+ years of wear so it looks dull about 2-3 weeks after a coat of woodywax. Looks amazing when the woodywax of colonite is applied though. Structurally the tower is 100% and is very overbuilt.
The hull was painted grey with Imron years ago before I owned it and it gets chalky after about 2-3 months without a bufff/wax. Shines like new after wax.
I also repainted the transom with awl grip in 2012 b/c the previous owner had the original name clear coated over and it was all chipped and peeling. The color is pretty close but doesn?t match perfectly.
One of the tower steering hoses just went so I am replacing that this week. Currently cannot steer from the tower but can run the boat with throttles. Will be repaired when the lines are completed.
Doesn't have a complete cabin door. Has a teak one with missing louvers and its in my garage. I just haven't had time to make a new one and haven't needed it either. I guess it would be an easy fix but I just haven't done it.
Im forgetting a lot of things but I?ll gladly answer any questions that are brought up. The boat is great and handles awesome. It is not perfect but what boat is??? Cream puff... NO... Beast that will take you to the bahamas, canyons, etc in style... HELL YES.
I do not have the title but my bank (USAA) does since I financed the boat.
I am asking 45,000 for the boat as she currently sits
39,500 without the garmin electronics package and autopilot.
This boat can be financed through most banks due to her being listed on NADA boats which is nice.
Please call Dave at 561-376-4448 to see the boat. I will show her to anyone who is interested and with enough notice I can sea trial the boat.
After listing all this stuff I?m not even sure I want to sell her now!!!??? LMAO!
Big Boat Feel!
Great fuel economy!
Best cummins motors ever made!
Bring your mechanic and lets put her through the paces. She will run with the best of them?