I have recently removed a CPT autopilot from my boat, and offer it here for sale.
Here are the deets:
1. I used it (with very little success) during a 2000 nm mad dash fr Fla to NS in August 2013.
2. Fully rebuilt at the CPT factory (9/2013), upgraded to new sensor/compass head; replaced all controls, switches and gaskets, tuned and tested.
Have the receipt if required.
3. Purchased (from CPT at the same time) a complete service pack, including replacement solenoids/relays, spare belt, complete replacement clutch, etc.
4. Re-installed in spring, 2015.
Used several times (this time with success!) on a 500 nm trip, summer 2015.
5. Removed from my boat in favor of a larger, below-decks hydraulic unit, currently installing.
6. Came with the boat, PO built boat in 1990, sailed it a few times to BVI from FLA, then laid boat up in N. FLA.
very lightly used.
CPT unit was stored below for 10 years as far as I can tell.
7. Has the remote control switch AND the very rare wind-angle sensor and input cable. I used this and it does indeed work.
8. It is a used unit - it worked for me, but we weren't very comfortable with the belt/wheel ring, finger - grabber, Toe-stubber nature of the unit - so we are making the leap to another system.
As a used system I cannot offer any warranty.
Feel free to talk to Jeff at CPT about it though, he can vouch for the rebuild/Recon they did for me.
But - make no mistake - this thing is USED.
case is faded and scratched, bolts and nuts have been used, there is minor rust showing in a few places.
I don't see any issues with the unit - but it is NOT new.
9. Comes with all mounting brackets, wheel adapter, mounting bolts etc.
I'm in Nova Scotia, would like to get $1000 Canadian for it (That's like, $50 US, right?).
I think a new one starts at $1895 USD (that's like, almost a million dollars Canadian) without the extras, so it seems fair.
check out the pics.
Then serious inquiries: bgarveyhfxATgmailDOTcom or a PM.