I've struggled with the decision to sell this car however, with high school sports and other weekend activities taking up our time, we simply don't use it as much as we'd like. Plus, we'll have a new teen driver soon and will need the room for her daily driver.
For sale is a 1992 BMW e30 MTech appearance package 325ic 5 speed with an s52 swap from a 1999 M3. It also has an e30 M3 5 lug swap that includes e30 M3 brakes and e30 M3 wheels. The car now has 119k on it and the s52 has 98k. I purchased the car in 2008 with 105,000 miles on it with the intent to transform it into what it is now
a reliable, safe, and cool summer time daily driver. Soon thereafter Ben Thongsai and myself began collecting the parts needed to transform the car. A low mileage (85,000) s52 and transmission were sourced from a wrecked 1999 M3. I have a carfax and pictures of the cluster verifying the mileage. And the e30 suspension bits were sourced from a 1988 M3 that Lee Vuong (Massive Lee) was parting. My wife drove from Chicago to Montreal to pick up the parts! Once the car was completed she drove it daily during the summer months between Wisconsin, Indiana and Illinois without issue. This car will comfortably make the trip to either coast. More pictures are available.
I rarely drive the car however, THIS CAR SCOOTS! Unfortunately it does come with supercar syndrome, a term my 11 year old uses for the constant attention we receive on the road and at the gas station. It looks cool, sounds cool and drives awesome. It receives as much attention as my E30 M3.
The only mechanics to work on this car since I purchased it in 2008 have been Ben Thongsai in Chicago, Illinois and Reggie Stewart at Reggie's Motorsports in Noblesville, Indiana. Below is a list of the things I have upgraded or notable items important to e30 enthusiasts. I likely forgot something so feel free to PM me with questions.
I'm in my mid 40's and built this car to be a solid and safe driver. I've never shown it however, I'm sure it would win something at a BMW event. If you're not interested in the car then I see no need for negative comments. If you are interested in this car PM me and I'll gladly provide you with my cell phone number so we can chat ear to ear. I've been involved with the Windy City and Badger Bimmer chapters of the BMWCCA since 2000 and am a driving instructor for the Badger Bimmers - although soccer and bicycles dominate our time now and I haven't been on a track in two years. I've also instructed for the Chicago Lotus club and other small clubs in the Midwest.
The price is $18,500 and am not interested in parting the car. Car is located in Madison, Wisconsin and, since I purchased it, stored in a heated garage during the winter months.
- S52 from 1999 M3 (98K) with OBDI conversion and S50 intake, Turner custom chip and intake
- 413 red label ecu, and custom harness by Ben Thongsai
- Transmission from same e36 M3 with new in 2014, OEM clutch kit (clutch, pressure plate and TO bearing)
- 3.25 LSD with new seals and cover gasket
- E21 brake booster
- Slightly modified by Ben Thongsai stock e36 M3 exhaust with new in 2014 high flow cats (awesome sound with a nice burble on downshift)
- Functioning and cold A/C from same e36 M3 donar car (new evaporator, switch & drier)
- new fuel filter and clamps
- new valve cover gasket in 2014
- Koni adjustable shocks with H&R sport springs on all 4 corners
- Turner e30 heavy duty rear shock mounts
- E30 M3 sway bars
- E30 M3 steering rack from same e30 M3 donor as suspension
- OEM E30 M3 brake rotors and pads at all four corners.
- New control arms and tie rods
- New power steering reservoir, lines and rack boot
- Stainless brake lines from Turner
- E30 M3 wheels stripped with centers painted nagaro silver and lips polished prior to clear coat application
- Yokahama 205/55/15 S Drives installed in June of 2011 (
- New parking brake shoes in 2015
- Small crack (
- Stock e36 M3 shifter
- New convertible top and window in 2009, adjusted by Reggie in 2013
- New side window seals and trim in 2013
- New carpet
- Heated seats rebuilt with all new struts, foam and new Creative Options dove leather with gray stitching
- Creative Options shifter boot and parking brake boot with M stitching
- Husco arm rest with cup holder and custom Creative Options leather cover with M stitching
- Creative Options leather wrapped door handles and map pockets
- Lighted M shift knob
- Functioning OBC (all pixels are good)
- Rear head rests added
- New Kenwood head unit with usb, new MQ Quart 5 1/4 speakers, new 4 channel amp installed in trunk
- New central locking system controller and door and trunk actuators (gas door actuator disconnected)
- Depo Smiley Headlights added in 2013
- New OEM Mtech front valence
- New rear side markers
- Repainted rear bumper and front valence, original paint everywhere else and it shows nicely (2 scuffs, one on the leading edge of the driver's side front fender and one on the lower portion of the rear valence)
- Small crack in rear tail light lens
- Small chip in kidney
- Small chips in front bumper
- The top requires manual folding when going down (the motor and all mechanicals function fine however the OEM metal springs that help fold the top are tired)