Model: SU-16CA, fired exactly 77 rounds###
Location: Elk Grove (Sacramento)
Will ship: Yes
Former active duty Marine turned surburban dad/Reservist.
Kel-Tec SU-16CA with Kel-Tec compact forend, original two factory Kel-Tec 10-round magazines, installed Tech Sights, and weapon light with pressure switch.
Elk Grove (Sacramento).
I'm generally free during weekday working hours (9am-4pm), but can make myself available on weeknights/weekends.
Long before I knew anything about featureless rifles (or CalGuns, for that matter), I thought the only way that I would own a semi-automatic rifle that would take AR-15/STANAG magazines (in California) would be the Kel-Tec. So I bought one while I was still on active duty in Virginia back in 2010, and have since lugged it around to Arizona (where I rarely fired it), New York (where it stayed in storage), and now California (where I have yet to fire it). However, as a suburban dad who now only shoots once in a blue moon, I can't justify keeping this locked under our bed alongside the featureless. I think it's time to let go of this one. My loss is your gain!
I prefer a face to face (FTF) private party transfer (PPT) at the Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) of your choosing in the greater Sacramento area. However, I drive down to the Bay Area (Alameda) all the time for work, and can take either I-80 (passing through Davis, Vacaville, Vallejo, Richmond, etc), state routes (passing through Lodi, Antioch, Concord, etc), or I-5/580 (passing through Lodi, Stockton, Tracy, Livermore, Hayward). Thus, I can also meet you at an FFL in the greater San Francisco Bay Area, as well as any of the cities I'll pass through on my way from Sacramento.
I'm willing to ship this package as well. Your local FFL must be willing to accept shipment from a non-licensee, and I'll have to add a flat fee of $25 to cover costs if we go this route (as opposed to a FTF PPT).
Here's how I came up with the price for this package.
$500 for the rifle:
This is based off what I saw in other listings here at CalGuns.
$550 -- https://calguns.net/calgunforum/show....php?t=1337034
$550 -- https://calguns.net/calgunforum/show....php?t=1147885
$580 -- https://calguns.net/calgunforum/show....php?t=1142538
$525 -- https://calguns.net/calgunforum/show....php?t=1135336
$550 -- https://calguns.net/calgunforum/show....php?t=1132345
$550 -- https://calguns.net/calgunforum/show....php?t=1115592
$575 -- https://calguns.net/calgunforum/show....php?t=1071687
$525 -- https://calguns.net/calgunforum/show....php?t=1027086
$550 -- https://calguns.net/calgunforum/show....php?t=1023888
$825 -- https://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=972773
$500 -- https://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=962398
$900 -- https://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=750408
$150 for the upgrades and accessories:
This is based off the prices I actually paid:
- $10.60 for the factory Kel-Tec Extended Butt Pad (SU-244L) (that's how much I paid in 2010)
- $47.70 for the factory Kel-Tec Compact Forend (SU16-920) (that's how much I paid in 2010)
- $19.99 for the Ergo Rail Mount Sling Swivel A-2 Style Loop (Ergo #4293-BK; UPC #00874748002189) (that's how much I paid in 2010)
- $18.94 for the Magpul XTM Hand Stop Kit, Black (MAG511-BLK) (that's how much I paid in 2012)
- $72.00 for the Tech Sights SU16A1 Sights (Tech Sights #SU16A1) (that's how much I paid in 2013)
- $9.39 for the DPMS Rear Sight Aperture A2 Matte (DPMS #UR-27), installed on the Tech Sight (that's how much I paid in 2013)
- $6.60 for the Magpul MOE Picatinny Rail Fits MOE Handguards Polymer Black (that's how much I paid in 2014)
- $59.95 for the Orion H40-W 500 Lumen LED Tactical Flashlight with Pressure Switch and Rifle Mount (that's how much I paid in 2016)
Adding it all together, we have a $245.17 subtotal x 33% discount for being pre-owned/wear and tear = ~$150
$0 for miscellaneous items:
- Original factory forend for the Kel-Tec SU-16CA (this the forend that folds out into a bipod)
- Original manual for the Kel-Tec SU-16CA
- Original factory rear sight for the Kel-Tec SU-16CA, with installation tool (basically just the head of a Philips screwdriver)
- Original insert from the Kel-Tec Extended Butt Pad
- Original insert from the Kel-Tec Compact Forend
- Original manual for the Magpul XTM Hand Stop Kit
- Original manual for the Tech Sights SU16A1 Sights
Here's a close up of the two original Kel-Tec 10-round magazines:
Close-up of the original packing slip and original manual:
Close-up of the original butt pad and the extended butt pad (installed):
Close-up of the original factory forend:
Close-up of the Ergo Rail Mount Sling Swivel A-2 Style Loop (bottom, front), Magpul XTM Hand Stop Kit, Black (bottom, back), Magpul MOE Picatinny Rail (side), and Orion H40-W 500 Lumen LED Tactical Flashlight with Pressure Switch (side):
Close-up of the activated weapon light:
Composite photo of the rear sight aperture on the Tech Sights. Note the larger DPMS Rear Sight Aperture installed on the Tech Sights:
###I normally tear off a piece of the packaging for all the ammunition I buy/fire (please refer to the pictures in my other sales):
Alas, I didn't do so in this case, but since I bought only a single box of .223 ammunition to use with this Kel-Tec (here's a photo of the receipt), that's how I know this rifle has fired exactly 77 rounds:
- 77 rounds out of 100 round box of American Eagle 55gr FMJ (23 rounds remaining from the box, as shown in the picture):