Model: Model 12
Caliber: 16-gauge, 2-3/4" chamber
Location (city or county): San Diego
Will ship (Y/N): yes
Winchester Model 12, 16-gauge, 26" Barrel, Improved Cylinder choke
More pictures, LINK, LINK, LINK, LINK, LINK, LINK, LINK, LINK.
Beautiful Model 12 take-down shotgun in 16-gauge. Great vintage shotgun made in 1938. It is in really nice shape, without being so nice where you would not want to use it.
- 26" barrel, with Improved Cylinder choke
- Take-down design, can be made very compact for easy transport
- Fantastic bluing on the receiver, not many Model 12's look like this
- Nice original wood, has seen use but no abuse, no cracks or issues
- Williams Giant Head safety, very useful and very sought after-market part (check E-Bay price if you can fine one!)
- Chambered for modern 2-3/4" shells, many vintage 16ga guns have the shorter, obsolete 2-9/16" chamber
- Good modern butt pad, instead of usual crumbling 1950's butt pad.
- Decent length of pull, many 16-gauge guns were cut to youth length
This gun has been detailed cleaned and inspected. Most older Model 12's can have a number of issues, broken extractors, broken firing pins, etc. This is 100% complete, and very clean.
Looking for the right buyer. I love this shotgun. Shot some great trap scores and took it dove hunting. Only selling because I just own way too many shotguns.
Sure, buy a cheap one on Gun Broker, or a consignment, and take a chance. If you want to known working, nice classic, get this one.
(Face-to-face always preferred, but willing work with you on shipping.)