For sale, my 2003 Ducati 998 track bike with parts to re-convert to street bike PLUS track day spare parts and accessories. The price accounts for all these parts and if a tremendous value compared to acquiring them piece by piece. Clean title in hand. $5998. Text 8O4. 33 zero. five 8 five 8.
You probably know something about the incredible history of Ducati Superbikes and this Massimo Tamburini design in particular that dominated world superbike racing in the late '90s and 2000s. My US-model bike originally sold in Spain. It was yellow then. The second owner was a servicemember who painted it black and shipped it home to Virginia. I bought it from him exactly ten years ago with 21546 miles. It now has 26769. I rode it on the street for a minute before turning it into a track bike. Rode it on the track for a few seasons, bought piles of spare parts, and then it sat except for me starting it occasionally and running up and down the street to keep the moving parts working. It was recently serviced with oil and new battery. It will put a big smile on your face.
I'm including in this sale all the spare track day parts and the parts to make the bike street legal; headlights, taillights, turn signals, mirrors, etc.
This bike was not babied. I crashed low side twice before installing a used set of track bodywork that you see in the photos. The street body is included, but condition varies:
- "Matrix green" front fairing, needs work and paint
- Black side fairings with frame slider holes; left good condition, right poor
- Two black biposto tail sections; 1 excellent, 1 fair
- Several spare wind screens
The tires on it now are race compound, used, and need to be replaced.
Track day spares:
Spark plug wires
Clutch basket, plates, clutch removal tool
Brake and clutch levers
Body panel clips
Pins, bolts, nuts, etc., etc.
There are other parts and accessories that can be worked into the sale:
- Front forks are from a 748 with internals from GP Suspension of Oregon. The original Showa forks are available and have not been reinstalled since being service - seals, oil, and new springs.
- Pitbull front and rear stands
- "STS" Strapless Transport Stand (for trailer)
- Ultra-Lap lap timer
- Bandit Colts Tire Warmers
More pics here: https://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2003-ducati-998-biposto/6404663634.html