1998 Honda Shadow VLX600
- 600cc engine
- Completely rebuilt carburetors, ultrasonically cleaned, re-jetted and tuned
- TJ Brutal Customs Polished Aluminum Velocity Stacks.
- Custom one-off tank, seat, fender, and side covers, has rust/patina
- Hardtailed/Rigid ( no rear suspension)
- Fully Powdercoated frame in Dark Bronze.
- 7" Chrome Z Bars
- TJBC Polished Aluminum Velocity Stacks
- TJBC single cable throttle assembly
- New Grips
- Model A tail light license plate assembly. New Glass and bulb.
- Whitewall Tires are in excellent condition.
- Black heat wrapped pipes.
- Relocated starter/kill switch
- Painted wheels
- Black header wrapped pipes
- All new ignition wires, NGK spark plugs and upgraded to NGK resistor caps
Purchased from TJ Stiles at TJBrutalCustoms in Huntington Beach, CA. Was shipped to me last year, since then, I have put roughly 800-900miles on the bike. Oil and filter has been changed twice in my possession, chain cleaned and lubed religiously, coolant flushed, and new battery. Bike runs great, starts up every time, no choke needed. TJ said the bike's top speed is 116mph, I have not yet confirmed it. Though I have taken it to 90mph with no issues.
Some things to look for:
- Water light is on on the speedo. Doesn't overheat, purchased this way. Mechanic says bad temp sensor or connector needs to be cleaned (corroded) and that I can hook up the fan to a switch to bypass. Never gives me issues so I didn't bother. Never gets hot enough here in the Bay Area. Light stayed on after I flushed out coolant as well.
- Brakes are good, has a slight squeak in the rear due to brake dust build up (drum brake) Cleaned and adjusted once, squeak slowly came back after roughly 3 months.
- The bike has developed some patina, if it's not your thing, you can sand it down and paint it. I personally think it gives the bike some character.
- Chopped stock pipes, wrapped. Was purchased this way, and tuned/jetted, so I left it alone. It does get loud.
- Wheels were painted, not the best job, but flows with the patina.
- Seat does not have springs. You can add solo seat springs if you'd like.
These issues do not affect the bikes performance at all. Just minor issues I would like to address to potential buyer.
Here is a video of the bike from TJBrutalCustoms. All red accents are now black. Again, bike has developed some patina since I purchased it. I have also installed a new keyswitch in place of one of the toggle switches for security purposes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRl2gi-Eq-Y
Asking price is $3500 or best reasonable offer.
CASH ONLY, local and serious inquiries only.
BARF: email is key, I don't frequently check PM's. contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!