Considering selling my 2005 Husqvarna Eddy Seel SMR630. Husky made these special-order, factory bikes for two years with a total run of 100 bikes. If you were lucky enough to get an order in, it was about $20K.
It weighs just 245 lbs and the motor pumps out about 74 hp. It's probably one of the nicest ones in existence anywhere on the planet and has very, very few hours on it...and it is right here in the Bay Area.
I bought it because it was one of my "bucket list" bikes. I rode it a handful of times - it's a "scary" beast and handles amazingly. However, while I love looking at it in the garage, I don't really ride it much. Dreaming about it was fun. Staring at all the fine factory-features is enjoyable and listening to its bark fantastic. Owning it is also fun; but not particularly practical for me at this time as my plans include more adventure riding (vs. "circling on a track").
It would be a great bike for:
- a Husky fanatic/bike collector
- a Supermoto racer who wants a "factory bike"
- a Road racer (like AFM), because I believe it would be very competitive in a singles class and rock on a technical road course (Sonoma YES!)
Comes with lots of spares, including:
- fork and shock springs
- hydraulic clutch & more;
- plus maintenance/repair manual.
Also has new Metzeler slicks, chain & sprockets and all-new fluids.
Some more stats below as copied from the Husqvarna literature:
2005 Husqvarna SMR 630 "Eddy Seel Replica":
Husqvarna unveiled the official replica model at the Intermot exhibition in Munich 2003 (as 2004 and 2005 models).
- The SMR 630 is an authentic copy of the bike used by Eddie Seel in the Supermotard World championships.
- Thanks to increased bore and stroke of 98 mm and 84 mm respectively, cubic capacity is increased 570cc from 634cc.
- The special piston and camshaft are the same as those fitted to the competition bike.
- The ignition system is the same as used on the NOX and the carburetor is a Keihin 41 MX.
- It has a factory-built full Titanium exhaust system (same as on NOX)
- The frame was upgraded with all the modifications made to the new Supermotard Husqvarna team machines.
- The steering column is adjustable and lower then the series machines for improved front handling. Fork angle in standard form is 24.5? with 67.5 mm trail.
- The footpegs have been raised by 10 mm to permit improved cornering.
- The rear frame was modified to allow for quick shock absorber removal.
- The rear-swinging arm has been shortened to 545 mm.
- The cooling system has been modified and improved.
- The 45 mm diameter Marzocchi racing forks have been externally modified for the lowered steering and have CrN finished shafts.
- The front brake pump is a radial 16 x 16 type and the caliper is the same as on the NOX.
- Most of the hardware on the bike is Titanium.
- The blue anodized rims are 3.50" x 16.5" for the front and 5.00" x 17" at the rear. They are shod with 120/70 and 165/55 racing tires respectively.
- The 2005 SMR 630 is a limited-edition model available by special order only.
- In addition, my particular bike also has the factory slipper clutch and the launch start device on the front fork.
Asking price around $10.5K which is just about what the bike cost me and I'll be happy to pass the bike on to somebody who can appreciate it for how special, rare and fast it is. Please NO "stupid" or low-ball offers; no trades. While I would like to have somebody use and enjoy this bike, this is NOT a fire sale or a give-away. I hope you understand.
Photos of my actual bike.