For Sale is my Limited Edition Steinhart Proteus #55 of 111.
If you are not familiar with the watch, it was conceived and developed by collaboration here on WUS. Only 111 were made. It is an awesome watch. Check out the thread by Uwe W titled " Steinhart Proteus - This is the only thread you need to read" here for full description of the project, diagrams and pictures.
I obtained this last month and it it a great watch, just not bonding with it. I guess I'm moving away from taller watches.
- ETA 2893-2 Automatic, hacking movement, 21 jewels
- 45mm diameter dial
- 16.9 height
- 24mm lugs
- 136 grams with out the strap
- Titanium case
- Midnight blue dial
- GMT hand (orange skeleton)
- Date in between 4-5:00
- Black fixed bezel with 24 hour dial. Bezel #s are lumed
- Stainless steel replacement bezel (interchangable with 3 screws)
- 2 straps: Midnight blue buffalo leather with white stitching; black rubber with orange stitching, lined with water resistent leather
- Black leather roll up storage case with slots for watch, straps, 2 tools and extra bezel
2 issues. The plastic cases holding the strap and bezel changing tools are cracked.
Second, the screws don't tighten all the way down on the bezel. I have not tried to remove or tighten them. According to the last owner they don't fall out, but he held them in place with Lock Tight (blue stuff). It has about a year left on the warranty so can be sent back is so desired.
These don't come up for sale often, when they do, they seem to list for $800-900.
Because of the bezel screw issue, I am asking $575.00, shiped in CONUS. I eat paypal fees. International buyers inquire re shipping costs.07/19/2012 - (I am reducing to $575.00, if no takers I'll pull it and send it to Steinhart for warranty repair and relist at full value.)
Pictures below, thanks for looking, Dave
New pictures with the stainless steel bezel (07/20/2012)