The White Shadow is elegant and comfortable, comes from one of the best brands and watch designers, and was one for the record books. Need we even go on?Universal Genve has becoming a darling of the watch collecting community, and their Compax and Tri-Compax models seem to be on every shoppers shortlist. Wed like to remind all of you that theres so much more to the brand than just those models, and for anyone in the market for a dress watch, the White Shadow just might be the perfect UG for you.Thanks to its record-breaking slim automatic movement, the White Shadow is a supremely comfortable watch. The cushion shaped case is impressively thin, but its also wide enough to feel substantial. UG produced this model is a few different case materials and dial combinations, and this example, with a bright white dial, black Roman numerals and steel case, is one of the most popular.There are lots of great affordable dress watches out there, but few can match the White Shadows pedigree. Its elegant, innovative and unusual. Thats quite the combination.About the UG White Shadow:Back in the day, Universal Genve was the real McCoy. Instead of assembling watches from parts produced by various manufactures like many brands of the mid 20th century, the Swiss brand was developed and produced their own innovative designs. The White Shadow was not just powered by any old movement, but an in-house, micro-rotor automatic movement. But wait, this wasnt the run-of-the-mill in-house micro-rotor automatic movement, it was the worlds thinnest automatic movement for over a decade after its introduction in the mid-60s. As far as were concerned, that an impressive bit of horological history, and were just thankful that such an important movement is housed in such a good looking watch.Speaking of the White Shadows looks, this is one of the first major watches designed by the late, great Gerald Genta, the prodigy of watch design who was responsible for the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak and Patek Philippe Nautilus. Genta designed the White Shadow prior to those pieces while still working for Universal Genve, where he was also the brains behind the Polerouter. With its remarkably thin movement and Gentas artistic touch, the White Shadow deserves as much recognition as any other UG, whether its a Tri-Compax or Nina Rindt chronograph.Credit: Analog ShiftCase: stainless steelsize: 32mmmovement: automaticcrystal: mineralAesthetic Condition*:- Signs of very light marks on the case and bracelet. No dings or dents. Dial is in remarkable state of preservations. Attractive vintage presentation on your wrist.- We consider this watch, as shown in the pictures, as NEAR MINT. Extras:- No extras except what you see in the photosIn-House Test Results**:Bench-run for at least 24 hours. All watch functions tested and operable. Observed timekeeping: keeps good vintage time at under 1min/dayLast Service: Unknown*This listing is for the watch shown in the photos. Photos are an essential part of the description. Grades are the provided listing text and pictures summarized into a simple-to-understand score. **Timekeeping measured using a timegrapher with watch face up at full wind; use only as a baseline as wearing habits affect timekeeping. Unserviced watches are not tested for WR or PR unless stated otherwise. Bracelet size measured using a ruler or mandrel. A comfortable bracelet size may vary from your measured wrist size.Pictures:
Asking Price: $1499
360 degree views & make reasonable offers on my website: Universal Geneve White Shadow 866104 Vintage 32mm Auto
All reasonable offers accepted! Payments
- Paypal, credit cards always accepted
- additional 3% discount on fee-less payment options such as Venmo, Zelle (if you bank online, your online app likely has Zelle), ClearXChange, Chase Quickpay, wireShipping
- Fedex 2 Day Express fully insured included in the negotiated price. Forum members get upgraded to overnight for FREE.
- International shipments via Fedex Express International, included in the negotiated priceQuestions?
- PM me on the forum
- Message me on Facebook: http://fb.me/msg/WatchvaultnycFor FASTER service:
- DO refer to the control number (last 5 digits on the listing title) to avoid confusion.
- DO read the listing completely. Vast majority of your questions are already answered here!Quick answers to common questions:
- Is the watch still available? Click the link above to check
- Anything not in the pix included? Unless stated otherwise, NO
- Additional Pictures? NO
- F2F? NO
- Part-outs, trades, buy your watch? NO (and no exceptions to the NO!)Helpful stuff:
- Will this watch look too small/big on me? - How Big is that Watch?
- Whats my wrist size? - http://www.watchvaultnyc.com/Whats-M...Size_b_30.html
- What sort of accuracy should I expect from mechanical watches? - http://www.watchvaultnyc.com/What-Ac...atch_b_31.html
- How old is this watch? - How Old is my Omega Watch?
- How can I safely buy a pre-owned watch online? - http://www.watchvaultnyc.com/Tips-Wh...line_b_34.htmlWhy Buy From Us?- Pay safely and conveniently on our secure website; most forms of online payment accepted
- Generous 7 day inspection period and "no questions asked" returns
- We sell hundreds of Omegas annually, and sponsor the worlds largest watch enthusiast communities!Our Good Reputation on the Web:
- Buyer feedback on WUS: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...k.com%2Ff63%2F
- Buyer feedback on OF: https://omegaforums.net/search/4941172/?q=watchvaultnyc&o=date&c[title_only]=1
- Tens of thousands of combined followers on Instagram and Facebook. Follow us to be updated with the latest additions to our collection:https://www.instagram.com/watchvaultnyc/https://www.facebook.com/Watchvaultnyc
Once you receive your watch, please remember to leave feedback. Providing accurate feedback on sellers helps the community!
Looking for something else? We have lots more Omegas at Quality Pre-Owned Omega Watches | Watch Vault NYC