For your consideration today, a rare & beautiful discontinued Martin Braun Selene Meteorite dial
This is the dressier 42mm version, with the MB-signed onion crown and clous de Paris case and exhibition caseback.
Originally purchased from Austin's Martin Braun USA in 2010, this places this stunning piece
after Martin Braun became part of Franck Muller Watchland in 2006.
Even though the Martin Braun company is no longer in business, Franck Muller will still service this watch.
This automatic astronomical watch features a photorealistic moonphase indicator;
thanks to the large, 600 dpi resolution glass-printed moon face, it is exactly as the celestial body appears to the naked eye.
settable to the minute, the display will only deviate by one day after 122.5 years!
Each piece in this very limited edition is unique, thanks to its dial made from a slice of meteorite material taken from a Namibian meteorite find.
This stunning piece is fresh from a USD $1000 complete overhaul by Franck Muller, ready to provide years of solid, worry-free enjoyment to its next owner.
All functions operate as they should, and the watch keeps good time. Absolutely nothing to do! Case condition is as expected after a complete service,
with only the slightest swirls barely visible to the naked eye.
The watch come on an aftermarket strap and original MB buckle, with the original MB strap also included; both straps broken in.
This is the full set with:
* All outer and inner boxes
* MB polishing cloth
* Leather documentation holder
* Martin Braun -signed certificate
* Fully executed warranty card
* Date / moonphase quickset tool
* Full moon and new moon times 2008-2018
* Instruction booklet
* service information and invoice from Franck Muller
Of course nowadays, thanks to a number of websites providing accurate, to-the-minute moonphase indications for anywhere on Earth, you can easily adjust your Selene's moonphase to the correct setting.
Movement: MAB88 / FM800 (Soprod A10 base) movement with MAB66 moonphase module
25 jewels, 11 1/2 lignes with 42 hours power reserve
* Center hours and minute
* Red-tipped date pointer
* photorealistic moonphase display, adjustable to the minute
* quick-set date and moonphase pushers
Asking a very reasonable USD $6495 OBRO for this stunning timepiece. You will not find such a freshly serviced full set specimen anywhere, let alone at this price !
Payment by US or Canadian funds bank wire, or cash.
Price includes UPS shipping to Canada and CONUS;
will also ship UPS worldwide, in which case shipping fees will be added to agreed upon sale price.
Watch is located in Montreal, Canada for face-to-face inspection & deals;
inspection via Skype will also be offered upon request.
Feel free to ask any questions via email or PM !
* I am a private collector, not a dealer and have many positive references from international buyers
* Positive feedback on Good Guys; other references will be provided upon request
* I am not affiliated with any manufacturer in any way
* All my watches come from various dealers and private owners all over the world
* All my items are guaranteed authentic and I will stand by their authenticity.
Buying & selling history easily googled using the same username I use on other well-known timepiece forums.
Thanks for looking,
[Report message to a moderator]